Our Little Family

Our Little Family

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Rori Update & 2 Yr Stats

I realized I never put Rori's 2 Year stats up.

In September she was: 26.2 lbs in the 43rd percentile and 33 inches tall in the 25th percentile.

I have some updates I want to do on her little personality and the things she likes, but I at least wanted to get this entered before I lost the paper again!

Rori is such a good girl. She loves to help empty the dishwasher by handing me each dish. This has actually become truly helpful since my belly got so big that bending over is a pain. She helps with moving the laundry too. She is so obedient. When we all went to Green Caynon as a family I was amazed at how well she followed my instructions and stayed put when she was told. I feel so lucky to have been blessed with such a good girl!

She still loves reading and singing. She will sit and read books to herself for a very long time, longer than she will watch TV. She can sing pretty much the whole 1st verse of I'm a child of God, except she changes the end to be "To live with Parent Kind and Dear" and then loops the song back into "lead me, guide me etc." She can sing that for 5 minutes at a time it is super cute. She has a book with the words of the song and little pull out people, she loves to sing while looking at the book. She sings lots of other songs and can pick up on things little pieces of songs super quick. My sister says we should get her an agent when we move down to California ;)

The one place she seems to have trouble is counting and colors. She insists that counting goes: 1,2,3,9,7,97, etc. I think she either does it to prove her independence, or she figures her numbers are just as good as the ones we tell her so she'll keep hers thank you very much! She also likes to say the wrong colors for things, but again I'm not sure if this is on purpose or not.

Rori LOVES "ursery" (Nursery). They told me the other week that she has a "big vocabulary" I got all afraid she had been saying something naughty. But she had just been saying things like hippopotamus. The week before she had been exclaiming "Oh my Gosh!" alot. This came from her watching football with my mom and I and us yelling when our team did some cool. Another favorite was "HOLY COW!". Rori likes to watch football and will bend over when I yell "Down, Set, Hut!" Then I grab her and throw her onto a couch or whatever and she giggles and we do it again. We love football :)

Baby Brother frequently moves hard enough to cause me to gasp, when this happens Rori will run up and say, "Baby Brother kick you mommy? You ok?" It is so sweet. She is not real into feeling him move, but likes to lift her shirt up and rub her bare tummy on mine. She also says she has a baby brother in her that kicks her sometimes. I think she will be a very good big sister. She has been super cute with cousin Xander! She has also gotten more into baby dolls and loves to put them to bed and then come tell me to "shhh! baby sleeping"

She is our beautiful, so sweet little girl and we love her to bits!

No comments: