This is the best shot we got of the three of us. Hopefully next year Rori will hold still long enough to take some good ones!
After dinner we went downstairs and Aunt Jenny told the nativity story at a level the three 2 yr olds could understand. My favorite was her description of the the beggining. "An angel came to Mary and said 'Your going to have a baby!' Mary said ok and went and told Joseph, 'We're going to have a baby' Joseph said 'I'm not sure how I feel about that!' then the angel came to Joseph and said, it's ok Joseph, you're going to have a baby and name him Jesus. And Joseph said OK."
I thought it was hilarious!
After that Mark and Missy had to go, but the rest of us played a rip roaring came of duck duck goose! Uncle Kevin was awesome! He is always so good with the kids.
I thought it was hilarious!
After that Mark and Missy had to go, but the rest of us played a rip roaring came of duck duck goose! Uncle Kevin was awesome! He is always so good with the kids.
Kevin and Laura made neat towels for all the kids too. Rori was a Piggie Lil'E a Duck and Lil'M an elephant! The girls love theirs. It is the only towel that will get Rori out of the tub when she is having too good a time!
We read the girls a story. Put out some cookies and carrots for Santa and his reindeer. Then we sent them to bed. Laura, Kevin, Jenny, Scott and I stayed up and watched a movie. This was probably silly since Scott and I still had to head to his parents and set things up for morning, but it sure was fun!
Next morning we spent at the Taylor's house. Rori was so much fun opening her gifts. She was so excited about each one it was kind of hard to keep her moving through them. She kept saying "a present for Santa!" She is confused on for and from :). She was even good enough to hand out the rest of the present under the tree to their owners. She didn't try to open any of them herself. I was very proud of her!
Next morning we spent at the Taylor's house. Rori was so much fun opening her gifts. She was so excited about each one it was kind of hard to keep her moving through them. She kept saying "a present for Santa!" She is confused on for and from :). She was even good enough to hand out the rest of the present under the tree to their owners. She didn't try to open any of them herself. I was very proud of her!
These are a bunch of hairbows that Scott brought back from Denver. Devony my friend made them! They are awesome!
This was one of my favorite moments of the morning. She was so excited about her socks. What kid gets that excited about foot apparel! :)
After a late and delicious breakfast of crepes we headed to my parents house to open gifts. Rori was not as good here as she had been up a lot in the night and was super tired by now. I got pretty much the best gift ever! Jenny ordered me a complete set of Disney DVD's from like China or somewhere. I know have pretty much all the movies Disney ever made. The only thing I missing Tangled :) It was so awesome it made me cry :)
After gifts and we headed home for a much needed nap. Then it was back to the Taylors for dinner and time with Uncle Stan and Cousin Brooklyn and Reina. They had a great time playing together. Reina pulled Rori around the house on her sled and shared her toys very nicely. It was fun to watch them. After dinner we finished off the night with a bit of sledding at Smith Park. I had never been there before to sled. It is like ice there! Rori loved it. She would sled down with Scott and then run to me with her arms sticking out and her too big gloves flopping. It was hilarious!
We had a super great holiday spending time with all our family and just visiting. We are so grateful for our Savior and his sacrifice so that we can be with our families forever! This is the greatest gift of all.
This is one of the tricks that Daddy taught Rori. When my mom was pregnant with me my sister and dad would sing "Christmas is coming and Connie's getting fat." Not the most flattering but catchy. Scott made a slight adjust to just mama and taught it to Rori. Even I think it is cute though :)
1 comment:
I hope that present is helping out while you are in California. :) Is it keeping you all entertained? I love you and am so glad I got to spend Christmas with you and Rori and Scott. You guys are the best!
Post a Comment