Our Little Family

Our Little Family

Sunday, February 27, 2011

February 2011

This Month Rori has developed some new skills. She has a pair of "panda shoes" which she loves. They are slip-ons with an elastic band over the middle of the foot to try and hold them on. One day I asked her to go pick some shoes so we could go. She came back wearing the panda shoes, on the wrong feet, but that just helped to keep them on :) She has also shown interest in dressing herself but she is still not really able to do that. She does sometimes pick out her own outfits, one of her favorites is to put underwear over her pants ;0

Rori also got to come to some Dr's appointments. She listened to baby brother's heartbeat. Two week after the first appointment she came to we walked into the room and said "We listen to his Heart!" Neither Scott nor I had reminded her that is what we did at that Dr's. Now when I tell her I'm going to the Dr, or sometimes at random times, she will tell me that I listen to his heart. She has such a great memory!

Rori and Lil'E have begun to really play together. Most of the time they play side by side but occasionally they actually play with each other. Lil'E is a real comedian. One night rori was playing with a magna-doodle. Lilly began to use it to and would say "Oh that's no good!" and erase the drawing. Rori thought this was funny so Lil'E just starting shouting "Oh that's no good!" over and over and had Rori laughing hysterically. It was pretty cute. There have been a few other times that Lil'E has gotten Rori laughing like that.

Cousins at play



Our V-Day this year was not to much fun. Got pretty sick so we ended up with a Dr. visit for a date :( The next day I was sick too. We all got over it, but it was a pretty miserable week. My sweet heart was thoughtful enough to still get me a flower and some ice cream though! He's so great.

Our Pretty Valentine



The day after Valentines he went to Montana for business. While he was gone I was pretty sick. Around 10:30 I realized I couldn't remember feeling the baby since about 4:00. This was odd since he is normally very active in the evening. I started to get a little worried. I poked and prodded and didn't get anything from him. So I called Scott and he told me to call the midwife. She told me I could go to the hospital just to be safe. So I called my parents and they came over. Before they arrived I started to feel a little movement, but no where near as strong as normal. Mom stayed with Rori and Dad took me to the hospital. Of course just getting to the hospital started him going, little stinker. His heart rate was totally fine. But it was nice to be able to go to sleep knowing everything was ok. I was so grateful to have mom and dad close, they were so understanding when I kept them up to 1:00 in the morning with my paranoia! :)
While at the hospital I was contracting some so they checked me. They said I was a 3. Two days later I had an appointment with the midwives. She checked me and said I was till at a 3. On Sunday I ended up with some pretty regular contractions from about 4:30 to 8:30 for a while they were only 6 minutes apart. Scott and I spent the evening getting his area in our room all set up. The contractions eventually slowed down and stopped.

Me and my huge tummy at 2:00 AM.




On Wednesday I went to bed with some going again, and they woke me up a 2:00. They were again regular and fairly heavy, I thought for sure I was headed to the hospital. Instead I was up till 4:30 and then they quit. I had a Dr's appointment that day and figured for sure all that work and made me progress some, at least a 4 right! No, she said I was a 2. I told her to try again because last week I was a 3 and I did not think it could go backwards. She said I could probably count as a 3. Needless to say I was highly disappointed that all that work was for nothing. She told me the baby is turned with the back of his head pressing down rather than the front. She gave me an exercise to do to try and turn his back to my front. Hopefully if I can do that it will help things get started. :) Maybe the baby just really wants to be a March child instead of February...



No comments: