Our Little Family

Our Little Family

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Heber Scott Taylor

So I am now very very behind. I have done some journaling using ldsjournal.com, but really want to start blogging again. I'm not sure if anyone is still reading this blog, but I'm gonna try to keep it somewhat current for journaling purposes. It may take a while to catch up...but here goes.

It turns out Heber really did just want to be born in March. I went to bed on the first after watching some TV but no serious contractions. I woke up at 5:15 had a few contractions about 10 minutes apart. The next set were 12 minutes apart so thought they were stopping. I rolled over in bed and he moved and I immediately had another one. This one hurt bad enough it got me out of bed. The contractions were then alot closer together. I paced for a bit then woke Scott up and called mom at 6:15.

Scott called the midwife, he was being slow about it and asking me questions...so I bit his head off. :) I was annoyed that he was asking me what to do, I was supposed to be having the baby while he handled everything else right! Anyway, he told the midwife he didn't know how close they were (I was having trouble even telling them apart at this point) but that I was grumpy...she told him to come on in grumpy = ready!

We left house at 6:30 and got stuck in the snow in the drive way! We got out and headed to the hospital. I was half afraid I was going to have the baby in the parking lot. We got into the hospital at about 7:00. When we got in they put me in exam room and they left me for like 10 minutes! Finally a nurse came and checked me, I was at a 7 with a "bulgy bag".

I did a couple contractions while being monitered but at that point I was feeling like pushing. I kind of started pushing without even meaning to. They moved to delivery room I had the baby! He was born at 7:46 so the whole thing only took about 2 and half hours from the time I woke up till he was there. He was transverse - turned to the right. I think Rori was transverse too, but our first midwife didn't bother to tell me that. He was 7 lb 12 oz, 19 inches with a 13 3/4in head and a full head of long luxurious hair!
Karen was the midwife who delivered, my labor and delivery nurse was Barbara. Two of my MBU nurses were Nisi (the mother-in-law of one of my sisters friends) and Reiney (a girl who went to high school with Scott).

Mom and Dad arrived just after he was born. They left Rori with Jen. Heber nursed before I even got up to shower. He was so different from Rori in so many ways. Way faster, and easier, and he could nurse to boot! What a good baby boy! Mom helped me shower and eat. They Taylors arrived too. Then they moved me to the new room. My eye got swollen from Motrin. The nurses kind of freaked out and told me that it was an allergic reaction, it was Tylenol only from then on. I didn't think it was a big deal. Mom and Dad left. The Taylors stayed a little then left. I went to sleep. Laura came and talked with Scott while I tried to sleep through it ;)

We had lots of visitors that day. My Mom brought Rori to meet her baby brother. Rori was way excited about the books that Heber "brought" with him as a gift, but not too thrilled with him. But Lil-E was super excited. Rori just wanted to read her books, but Lil-E wanted to hold cousin.

The cousins. Lil - M - Isn't he huge! and Alan.



The main attraction - the new books.





A couple other cute notes on him are - Around midnight his first night, when Scott was burping him, he picked his head up and look directly at him. He has pretty good head control for a newborn, at least 3-5 seconds. He's a super strong boy!
I snuggled him from 4:00 in the morning to 7:00, it was not great sleep but it was very fun to just hold him like that. He loved to be snuggled when he was new.
He woke up at 7:00am to greet his new day with his fourth poop! More than rori did in her first 5 days!

He is such a little angel and we were so pleased to welcome him into our family. He is a sweet boy and has been good to his mommy from the very beginning.

No comments: