On the 2nd of November we had another neat visit to the Dr! Just kidding it wasn't that neat. Scott tried to help Rori up the stairs with something in his other hand and ended up hurting her arm. After 20 minutes of her being unwilling to move it and screaming every time I tried to we headed to the urgent care in Rigby. Sure enough she had a "milk maid's arm" or something like that - she dislocated the elbow. It was so sad to see her in so much pain. They would not let me in the room with her when they did the x-rays, since I'm expecting. Scott had to do that part on his own. This was partly a relief, but it was so hard to hear her crying and not be able to even go in and comfort her. Anyway, once they confirmed that it was just dislocated the Dr. popped it back in. Rori cried when he did it, but the change after wards was immediate. She got down from Scott's lap and started using the arm again to pick up toys. I was glad that this was all that was wrong and she was so quickly over it. But I was seriously hoping that the trips to the Dr. would not become a monthly tradition!
Rori loves to sleep with all her "friends". She is a good sleeper and adjusts well when we go other places all she needs is her binkie and her silkie. But at home she needs all sorts of things. She has a bit of a hording tendency. My sister says it is because we move so much she becomes attached to things that can move with her rather than places. We have limited the Binkie to only nap and bedtime, and in the car at night most days. I have thought of trying to wean her off it completely, but like my sister says, she doesn't have a lot of constants in her life and the binkie is easy to take from place to place and gives her a lot of comfort. For now, I'm ok with it as long as it "lives in the bed". However, I welcome any tips on how to wean her from it!
Rori helping daddy mow the leaves! She calls the tractor the Motor cycle!
Me on November 9th. So about 5 months pregnant. We have been really bad about taking pictures this time. Part of it is that Scott is out of town so much, part is that we already have one child who takes more of my time, and part is because I'm less excited about documenting my bulging self :) But here is one for the journal. We are so excited to welcome our little boy and learn how parenting the other sex works :)
This was some of our first real snow. The week before Thanksgiving, at this time Scott was in Cabo Mexico with some of the other "top sellers" for his company. I was at home with this :( So not fair. But we had a good time. I took Rori sledding for the first time this year. She loved it!
Scott came home from cabo. He brought a little mexican "girl" (a doll) and a little wooden clown fish. The kind that is meant to sit on a dresser or something and has tail that hangs on a string and just kind of moves on its own. Rori has loved the poor fishy to death. For a while she insisted on sleeping with it. I put a stop to that because it is small and she kept loosing it in the night and crying till I found it! It lost the tail in the first few days, has to be cleaned if she manages to sneak it onto the high chair for meals, and his just basically gradually being loved into oblivion. Once we thought we lost it outside, Scott was worried we would need to have a funeral. But it was at Grandma and Grandpa Taylor's. We told Rori that Uncle Kevin would bring it in the morning. First thing in the morning she asked for fishy. I told her Uncle Kevin would bring it. He walked in the door about an hour later and she screamed "Fishy!" Uncle Kevin thought it was pretty funny :)
Sadly I do not have any pictures of Thanksgiving. I will have to check with family members to see if they have any. My family all came, and Scott's parents and Laura and Kevin came to my parents as well. It was a lot of fun to visit with everyone. It was good to have so many people as it was our first holiday without Micheal. The holiday was pretty short as my sister Lori and her family had to leave earlier than planned to miss a snow storm :( But it was fun to just hang out and be together. That is really what is most important about the holidays. I'm so grateful that we are all close and can just enjoy talking together. I'm grateful that my parents are so welcoming with their home and that my mom works so hard to put these holidays together!
On November 28th Rori went pee pee in the potty for the first time. During Thanksgiving her cousin who is 4 months older decided she was going to potty train. Rori thought the whole potty thing looked kind of interesting. We had tried occasionally before with no results she did alot of sitting on the big toilet, her new little toilet. We were at my mom's house when I discovered a secret. She had asked to sit on the potty and was plenty content to just sit there for like a half an hour. I finally got tired of sitting on the tub next to her and moved to the doorway to just sit in the hall. Apparently Rori just needs some privacy. She went twice more the same day, once wrapping herself in the shower curtain to obtain the desired privacy. We have worked on it off and on since then. She is still not really potty trained. I can generally get her to use the toilet after nap time with results, but she does not tell me she needs to go, and absolutely refuses to go poop in the toilet. We have not really pushed it, I am thinking I will work harder on it in the summer when I can put her in skirts and underwear with out her freezing to death :)
On the 30th I had a haircut. We decided to take Rori because she hadn't had her hair cut yet and I wanted her to see it was fun not scary. She watched for a bit, then had a great time playing with her daddy and with the hair dressers son in the basement. Since she was so ok with it, we just decided to stop and have it cut on the way home. Sadly we used Scott's phone to take video and pics at the salon, and they were all lost. But this is the after picture. She was a really good girl. No screaming or crying, just a little squirming trying to look around. I was really pleased with the results. She had developed a kind of mullet and it was nice to have an even surface to work with. It seems to have helped her hair too because I think we already need to go back for a trim, she is getting a little mullety again!
Sadly I do not have any pictures of Thanksgiving. I will have to check with family members to see if they have any. My family all came, and Scott's parents and Laura and Kevin came to my parents as well. It was a lot of fun to visit with everyone. It was good to have so many people as it was our first holiday without Micheal. The holiday was pretty short as my sister Lori and her family had to leave earlier than planned to miss a snow storm :( But it was fun to just hang out and be together. That is really what is most important about the holidays. I'm so grateful that we are all close and can just enjoy talking together. I'm grateful that my parents are so welcoming with their home and that my mom works so hard to put these holidays together!
On November 28th Rori went pee pee in the potty for the first time. During Thanksgiving her cousin who is 4 months older decided she was going to potty train. Rori thought the whole potty thing looked kind of interesting. We had tried occasionally before with no results she did alot of sitting on the big toilet, her new little toilet. We were at my mom's house when I discovered a secret. She had asked to sit on the potty and was plenty content to just sit there for like a half an hour. I finally got tired of sitting on the tub next to her and moved to the doorway to just sit in the hall. Apparently Rori just needs some privacy. She went twice more the same day, once wrapping herself in the shower curtain to obtain the desired privacy. We have worked on it off and on since then. She is still not really potty trained. I can generally get her to use the toilet after nap time with results, but she does not tell me she needs to go, and absolutely refuses to go poop in the toilet. We have not really pushed it, I am thinking I will work harder on it in the summer when I can put her in skirts and underwear with out her freezing to death :)
On the 30th I had a haircut. We decided to take Rori because she hadn't had her hair cut yet and I wanted her to see it was fun not scary. She watched for a bit, then had a great time playing with her daddy and with the hair dressers son in the basement. Since she was so ok with it, we just decided to stop and have it cut on the way home. Sadly we used Scott's phone to take video and pics at the salon, and they were all lost. But this is the after picture. She was a really good girl. No screaming or crying, just a little squirming trying to look around. I was really pleased with the results. She had developed a kind of mullet and it was nice to have an even surface to work with. It seems to have helped her hair too because I think we already need to go back for a trim, she is getting a little mullety again!
Another quick story. I'm actually not sure if this was around Halloween or sometime in November. But Jenny, Kara, her husband, and Scott and I all went dancing. Scott and I have gone a few times this fall and winter. This can be fun, and just plain hilarious. I'm getting bigger and bigger so to watch me try to move my hips is just ridiculous. Before I was too huge I went a few times and was actually asked by a couple of poor boys who either had poor eyesight (I seriously think one was very near sighted), or caught me with a coat on. I've said yes to them all and I'm not sure if some of them ever noticed the over-sized belly or the wedding ring :) It is always funny to try and answer their small talk questions (what's your major etc) w/o laughing or crying :)
1 comment:
Looking good Amber! I can't believe you're having a boy! You'll have to let us know how that goes! I think Rory and my girls would get along smashingly, so we'll have to hook up next time we're up there! It was fun to see Scott when he came out! Have a great one and keep posting! Give Jenny a hug for me too and tell her we're rooting for her
Post a Comment