Our Little Family

Our Little Family

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Random Roriness

On a side note, I mentioned to my mom that I thought Rori only said 20 -30 words. Mom told me to actually start a list and count. I did and am now up to 89. If she is inclined to she can repeat about anything one to two syllables. Some of my favorites are: "One, Two" She says this over and over. She counts things in books over and over, and says this when she wants to be thrown in the pool. "Shoeoooo, Phone, or Keys." One of these items are always missing when we try to leave the house, so I have taught Rori to call for them. She also sometimes will call for her cup. I love it :) She likes to say "hapie" when she is happy, over and over. Toot toot and booger are also always a riot :)

One of Rori's favorite word right now is Lilly. Her cousin. She says it when she sees the computer or the phone, hoping we will video chat or talk with her. Sometimes she will say Dada, or Gamma. But mostly it is Lilly. She sometimes even just says it randomly, always in a cheerful hopeful voice. I love that she is already developing a strong relationship with her cousin. I didn't have any cousins I was close to and so this was something I was really looking forward to with my kids. I'm so happy to have the big happy extended family that my friends had when they were kids. It is so much fun!

We have also been working a little bit to prepare for potty training. Just talking about how mommy and daddy use the potty, and telling her when she's gone and everything. Now she is working on telling me when she goes poo poo. She did pretty well for a few days. When she tells one of us that she has gone, we do the poo poo dance. It is sort of a corny cheer that I made up. She loves it and I love that she is so excited about it. I'm hoping to avoid the whole treat thing since she really isn't all that into candy or sweets now and I'd like to keep that way as long as possible. A girl can dream right :)

No comments: