Our Little Family

Our Little Family

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

March Madness

So I pretty much haven't posted all month. Lots to catch up on! This will be a long post and is mostly for journal keeping purposes. Sorry :-{ I'm going to try and stay caught up this month but it might be kind of tuff with the move coming up.

Rori and Grandma



Well at the end of February Grandma Embree came to visit. We had a whole lot of fun. The weather was not great (for Boise) so we just kind of relaxed. It was so fun to have her here. We got to go to New Moon together, it was so much fun. We were laughing so loud, I'm sure the 6 other people in the theater thought we were crazy :)
We got to go to story time too. Best of all mom and I hit the 25c sale at Other Mother. We left with two big garbage bags full of stuff for less than $20! It was awesome! Thanks mom!

Just a picture of my pretty girl :)



Monkey'n around

For my Birthday my sister Jenny came to visit. We had a blast and the cousins had even more fun! Lil' E loved being able to go outside on green grass instead of that yucky snow :) Best of all we went to Monkey Business. It is a neat place with inflatable toys and a climbing gym. They had a blast and Jenny and I were totally worn out by the end of it. Lil'E was such a good girl while here, she is going to make a fantastic older sister. Rori learns so much from her every time they spend time together.



Rori turned 18 months old last week! Where has the time gone! She is changing so much everyday, but especially the last week.
At her 18 month check up she was 31.25 inches tall and 24lbs even. She is starting to even out :) She is in the 43rd percentile for weight and the 33rd percentile for height.

She is learning so fast about words, signs and sounds. It used to take me months to teach her a sign, now only a couple of tries. She can say More - Nu, Mama, Dada, Puppy - pup pup, Go - gu gu gu!, NO (I really did not want this to be one of her first words but there you go), I'm sure there a more but I can't think of them right now. She can sign: more, mama, dada, help, baby, please, and thank you.

She knows that a cow says moo, a duck says quack (qakco), and a kitty says meow (me-squeak). She knows her head, toes, eyes, and loves to tickle her own belly button. She likes to sing and dance and is the joy of our lives. We love our little - big girl!



For I while she has been very interested "in" being in things. She gets angry when she tries to get in things that are really to small. If she can't get in something she wants to be on it. She stands on books or even just a piece of paper and won't more off of it. This last week she has figured out climbing. I'm pretty sure my life is over as I know it. But it's my own fault for taking her to Monkey Business again with Scott and teaching her how to climb on stuff there. Darn those developmental milestones...;P
Rori loves her own shoes, she can even almost say the word. But just the last few days she has gotten interested in wearing my shoes. It is pretty funny. She absolutely can not walk anywhere in them :)


Like I said she loves to climb on things, she also loves to read. She will sit forever and just look through a book on her own. I hope that this will continue into school age...cross your fingers!



We wen to watch the superbowl at some friends. there I taught Rori all about football. She loves to "take her football stance". She is a total crack up.



Rori and I at the slide in Monkey Business. Makes my tummy jump every time!



Duck and Kitty...Kitty is my favorite, she just lets a little squeak out for most of it, sometimes that's all we get. :)



We are excited for Easter this week and for conference too! Hopefully I will have a sooner update than a month from now :)

No comments: