Our Little Family

Our Little Family

Monday, June 22, 2009

5 Years - Really?!?




So this blog is late but hey better late then never right! While I was in California Scott and I celebrated our 5th Anniversary. Absolutely crazy. It feels like we just got married a few months ago, and yet like we have been married forever. Weird how time works.


We have had so much fun together and had so many adventures. Scott his such a great husband and an even better dad. He understands me better than anyone else in the world (including myself) and puts up with all my faults. I am so blessed to have had him and hope to have him for eternity.

Anyway, what I wanted most was to go back and spend Sunday in Ventura. Scott got us a hotel there and even took Monday off so we could have more time there. We stayed only a few blocks from our old apartment. We looked out on the same beach, it was so great!

The beach, not just any beach, MY beach!

Sunday we went to church and it was amazing! So much had changed and yet everything that was important was still the same. Our friends were still there and they were still so welcoming! It felt like we had come "home". I will always be so grateful for all the members there did for us.

Rather than go to Sunday School I crashed Primary. It was so fun to see all the kids again! They are the most changed by far...they are all so big now! :)


After church we went down and took a walk along the beach with Lorne, Keely and Hannah. Rori had a really good time with Hannah. She kept grinning at her and if Hannah looked away she would squeal at her to make her turn around. It was adorable!

That night we had dinner with our friends and the missionaries. Then we went swimming in their pool. It was so much fun.

Monday we just took it easy. We went to the beach again and had lunch at the Aloha Steakhouse. We sat and just listened to the ocean and had a really nice meal. Then we visited our old apartment and some other favorite places. It was so much fun and I can't wait to back!

3 comments:

Spenny and Nellie Morris said...

It was fun to see you. Rory is adorable!

lovecat said...

Were the digging crabs out and about? Those things are so fun to catch! I am glad that you had so much fun!

Scott and Amber said...

I don't know...it was kind of too cold to go digging!