We got everything packed up and ready to head out for the summer. We drove the down to Provo together and spent a day with my sister there. Best part, we got to go to a Lifehouse concert! Lifehouse is one of my favorite bands. We went to one of their concerts in LA when I was pregnant with Rori. I love their music and they are incredible live. This time they were just opening for Daughtry. I was so sad when their short time of playing was over. We went with my sister Kara and her husband. Kara and I had so much fun jumping up and down and rocking out to the music. I was glad she was there keep me company while I made a fool of myself.
The next day Scott headed on toward Texas on his own. Rori and I headed up to Rigby to stay with my parents for a few days. We had a good time visiting all the Grandparents.
Rori loved Grandma Phyllis' Walker
A few days later it was time for Rori and I to fly to meet Daddy. We flew out of IF and so had 3 different planes. The first one was to Boise. It was so funny to have an hour and half layover basically within walking distance of our house. Rori was pretty good the first flight. The second one was a bit harder but it was really empty so we didn't really bother anyone. I was supposed to have 40 minutes to change planes in PHX but with a delay in one flight I was down to 10 minutes to unload and run across the whole airport for my next flight. They had already closed the door but I begged to get on since I really didn't want to spend an extra 3 hours in the airport waiting for another flight! They got me on to a very full flight. I ended up between to poor men and was so afraid it would be a bad experience for everyone involved. Instead Rori was flirty with them threw take off- and then slept all the way to Dallas. She didn't even wake up when we landed. This was such a blessing! I know I had some angels on this trip!
Rori was excited to see Daddy at the airport. We headed home and got some unpacking done. We were in a one bedroom apartment, so Rori was sleeping in the closet. I week later we moved to a new 2 bedroom apartment and are much happier. Rori was doing fine in the closet but poor Scott was not allowed to breathe loudly and I was not sleeping well with her so close.
Rori was excited to see Daddy at the airport. We headed home and got some unpacking done. We were in a one bedroom apartment, so Rori was sleeping in the closet. I week later we moved to a new 2 bedroom apartment and are much happier. Rori was doing fine in the closet but poor Scott was not allowed to breathe loudly and I was not sleeping well with her so close.
Rori's Room :)
Things since our last move have calmed down quite a bit. We only brought one car so that has been a bit of a challenge. I do most of my grocery shopping at 11:00 at night. But all in all it is turning into a great summer. Scott is doing really well, and Rori and just hang out at the pool all day. We are making some really good friends. Rori still loves to play with Ria, and now has a little friend next door. There are always fun people at the pool. It is hard to believe that a month has already gone by since we got here. I know it will be over before I can blink!
Rori is growing up so fast. She is very independent, loves to climb, and is learning fast. She learns a new word nearly everyday now. Her new found communications skills have made her much pickier about things. She wants things done just so and lets you know it. She loves to count 'one, twuoo' and been thrown in the pool. She loves to read books to mommy and daddy. And she loves to explore. We are so happy and blessed to have her in our lives. She brings us joy everyday. Poor Scott does not get to see her as much as he would like, but we are happy to at least be together every Sunday and not live in different states this summer!
Ready to head to the pool!
Rori is growing up so fast. She is very independent, loves to climb, and is learning fast. She learns a new word nearly everyday now. Her new found communications skills have made her much pickier about things. She wants things done just so and lets you know it. She loves to count 'one, twuoo' and been thrown in the pool. She loves to read books to mommy and daddy. And she loves to explore. We are so happy and blessed to have her in our lives. She brings us joy everyday. Poor Scott does not get to see her as much as he would like, but we are happy to at least be together every Sunday and not live in different states this summer!
Ready to head to the pool!
While in Provo we got to visit the Duck pond. Rori had a great time yelling 'QAK, QAK, QAK!" at the top of her lungs. She was not that interested in feeding them though. She couldn't understand why we were throwing perfectly delicious bread on the ground. She in insisted on picking it up and trying to eat it. I think she even beat the poor ducks to a piece or too. I was super pleased to find grass in her mouth once or twice...well maybe not that pleased.
2 comments:
So supper cute! I am jealous that you have warm weather and a pool to hang out in. Saturday was hail/sleet/snow all day and today it is raining cats and dogs. I wish spring would get here already!
It looks like she is turning into a regular little fishy! I bet she begs to go to the pool. :)
I couldn't get the videos to work though. It said they were unavailable...
I'm glad things are going well for you guys! and that you have a pool to use during the hot summer months. Rori is just too stinkin cute. Especially all wet from the rain. :)
Post a Comment