Our Little Family

Our Little Family

Sunday, December 20, 2009

Pre Christmas Catch Up

So Rori is changing quite a bit and I need to get some of the important stuff written down before we head off for Christmas and I forget it all.
Gettin ready to go help Daddy to rake the leaves. I love that we can do that in December here :)

One of Rori's favorite places to play now, in her toy drawer, why do I buy toys again?


Rori has learned how to give kisses. Scott says she did it for him a month ago one night when I left her with him and went to a movie. She puckered up and planted one on him, and then giggled. Now generally when we ask for a kiss we get an open mouthed one, or half a pucker. But they are still super cute and we love them!

Rori stood last Thursday in the middle of the floor with no help and nothing to pull up on. She only did it once, and I've seen no indication that she will do it again. But I just wanted it stated that she could do it before 15 months. She is cruising really well now and take about 5-6 steps on her own. I but don't' think she will really master walking until she find herself up right in the middle of the floor and wants to get somewhere. Don't be fooled by her lack of vertical transportation though, this kid is fast. We left her with friends on Wednesday. Their one year old is walking, but they couldn't believe how fast Rori could get from one side of the room to the other :)

She has also learned to object strongly when she is displeased in anyway. She wrinkles her nose and screams at the top of her lungs. My mom assures me this is normal behavior for a toddler, but I'm hoping it is a form of communication we can move past quickly! She actually wrinkles her nose alot though, when somethings is funny or for no reason at all. We have taught her to breathe through her nose with it all wrinkled up and it is cute. I will try and get a video soon.

Rori is definitely a dancer. She loves to wiggle her bum to music, either actually being played or sometimes I think just in her head. She has a favorite board book about monkeys drumming on drums. It is very rhythmical and she likes to dance to it to. I will try to get better video of the dancing as well.

We met Santa at the ward Christmas party. Rori was neither upset or happy at first. Then we put her on his lap. That was unacceptable! That's okay though, I hated Santa at first too, and now I'm a Christmas freak.


We are so excited to go home for Christmas and play with all the cousins! Seriously I'm so excited I could burst!

1 comment:

Laureli Jones said...

I still remember the first time you sat on Santa's lap. You were so freaked out and you got your hands tangled in his beard. I think he was just as scared of you as you were of him!