Our Little Family

Our Little Family

Sunday, November 8, 2009

Bragging Rights

Big news in the Taylor Family! Scott and Rori both set records! Scott's company received a payment check for Scott's first sale for $14,000. It is an all time record for the largest check anyone has ever gotten on their first sale! I am so proud of him! He works really hard and it is awesome to see it pay off! I am so grateful to have a husband that is dedicated to providing for his family. Also Rori learned to stand by herself!

Ok so I realize that learning to stand solo at 13 and 1/2 months does not put my baby "ahead of the curve" or set any records. But it was a big moment for us! So I just wanted to take a moment to show off my kids new skills.

I have been trying to convince Rori to stand up by herself for a while. Whenever I attempt to push it on her she falls down and giggles like crazy, or picks her legs up like a turtle making it impossible to set her on her feet. However, Friday night I was sitting on the floor while feeding her (she was boycotting the high chair that day). She came up to me, used me to stand up, and proceeded to let go and stand totally on her own. She stood for about 7 seconds and then repeated the process for like 15 minutes. Standing for as long as 10-12 secs. We are thrilled, and scared. I have been a little stressed that she is not standing, she hangs out in nursery some and I feel like she needs to learn to walk for defensive reasons :) But she only does things when she feels its time. Once it's her idea she moves ahead full steam! I wonder if this independent streak could cause problems in the teen years...nah.

Rori is a serious babbler now. Using lots of tongue in her own little language. She loves to look at books or tear up, I mean read, magazines. She is super happy to entertain herself most of the day and way low maintanance. Lately she has taken to rolling on the floor and laying down on her back and just kicking her right leg. It reminds so much of when she was little it makes me a little sad. She likes her walker, but prefers to use her high chair, which is on wheels, as a walker. Why do I buy toys again?

We're pretty sure she says Da Da, Was Sis (What's This). Other than that she can sign more, which means: more, food, hungry, want that, want that NOW, FEED ME I'M STARVING ALREADY!!! and several other things. She touches her head alot in a meaningful way, but we're still not positive if that means Daddy, All Done, or something else all together. We were working on all done but she mostly just shoves the high chair tray to show she is ready to be on the move again. She is our busy happy girl and we love her!
Cruisin with the Walker

Standing on her own!

Pole Dancer...kind of...With Vocals :)

2 comments:

Laureli Jones said...

Way to go Scott! Good job Rori!

Devony said...

Ooh, good luck with that independent streak! Never mind the teenage years, wait about 6 months and you'll be going nuts! I know, because Sydney is exactly the same way! She knows what she wants and when she wants and isn't afraid to throw a tantrum and scream if she isn't getting it. Grr. Sydney didn't stand/walk, etc. for a long time either, and just does stuff in her own time. Good luck with potty training when that time comes. The independent streak is not proving our friend in that arena. Good job Scott & Rori though!