Our Little Family

Our Little Family

Saturday, September 27, 2008

Oh the Difference a Day Makes!




Everyday I look at my baby and I think...Oh my gosh I am a mom and where did my baby go. She changes so much everyday. I wish she could stay days old forever! We had our first Dr's appointment yesterday. He said we could get rid of the nasty billy light! Now I can move her around the house without lugging a machine so that is a whole lot nicer. She was 6 lbs 9 oz so her weight loss was normal. She is very tiny though...I had to go through all of her clothes yesterday to try to find the few that will maybe fit right now! Lots of them drown her!


Feeding has gotten a lot easier since I decided to ignore the nurses and lactation consultant and let her decide when she is hungry instead of trying to force feed her every two hours. And since her billyruben count still went down I feel like it was a good decision! We are both much happier!


Yesterday was a big day of firsts. Our first Dr. Appointment. Our first Bath. And our first photo shoot! The bath was not too traumatic. I used a blow dryer to heat up the bathroom since I don't have a space heater. It was nice a toasty and she even seemed to enjoy the sound of the blow dryer...that whole white noise thing I guess.


Our First Bath Time!

Dad took some great pictures of she and Scott and even got some good ones of me. I have been feeling left out since most of the time when I hold her I'm not really picture material :) So it was nice to get some pictures with her.



Jen's amazing wrap!

I also used the Wrap that Jenny gave me for the first time yesterday. It worked great. It meant I could get some things done without have to really put her down. That way I don't miss out on a minute!


I have added lots more pictures to the shutterfly site as well.

5 comments:

Olsens said...

Thanks for letting us come over last night. She is so beautiful and so precious! She makes me baby hungry :)

Amy said...

Oh!! She is so beautiful! And I love that her name is Aurora and you call her Rori. Super cute.

Alyssa said...

Oh my gosh she is beautiful! Congrats you guys! I am glad to see everything is doing well,a nd with a rough start it can only get better from there right?!?! Congrats again!

Just The Four of Us said...

You look great and she is the sweetest. I'm so happy for you guys. You are just a nartural I knew that right off the bat. We are just couldn't be happier really. I wish we could just come and see you guys I would love to hold and kiss her. Miss you
Love Kelly

lovecat said...

Great Fun! Bath time is the BOMB! :)
I'm so glad you like the wrap! It looks great on you both! ha ha